Sales Engineer San Francisco Bay Area 415
Sales Engineer to assist in the evangelization, sales and deployment of cutting edge content delivery technology.
Leveraging keenly tuned business and technical acumen - the Sales Engineer understands customer business needs and matches them to unique value proposition while clearly communicating complex content delivery solutions to prospects.
You will use your skills to drive revenues by managing the technical pre-sales and deployment processes while evangelizing technology to prospective customers. The Sales Engineer must display network operations expertise and understanding of client network infrastructure to apply proper solutions. The position will work jointly with sales to educate prospective customers about the business advantage of using services - this includes pre and post sales tasks such as conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, implementation and ongoing technical account management.
Based on client feedback and competitive research, the role will work closely with R&D and Product Management to develop future product enhancements and strategy. The Sales Engineer will also work with sales on the customer proposal process and ensure that all technical responses address prospect needs. The role will support and educate Sales, Marketing and other internal departments to ensure that customers receive appropriate business-oriented solutions. Required Skills and Experience
* 4-6 years experience in a client facing environment such as
sales or technical consulting.
* Must have experience developing and enhancing strong client
* A proven track record demonstrating good business judgment, and
an ability to make decisions in a timely fashion.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Proven team player
* Detailed knowledge of Internet protocols, specifically TCP/IP,
HTTP and DNS is critical.
* Java, Web Services experience a plus
* SLA management experience a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related
* Travel requirements presently light, but could be as high as 20%
in the future.