Network Management Engineer
An established global company is seeking an engineer with at least 5 years of experience in UNIX system administration and HP Openview operations. Our client is looking for a consultant that can be the resident subject matter expert (SME) for all Network Management systems to include design, research/validation and testing of a large telecommunications network.
Qualified candidates will take over an existing HP Openview implementation, as well as complete any new installation requirements, monitor, provide and implement backup solutions and repair the system. Successful candidates will excel at working independently, and in a team environment. TEAM co-operation is a MUST. This hands-on position requires attention to detail, and a high degree of organization. Requires an intimate knowledge of UNIX systems administration best practices in one or more of the areas listed below. Must be familiar with industry-standard systems and network implementation, management and troubleshooting practices and tools.
The ultimate candidate will have 5+ years of hands-on experience in one or more of these areas:
- Certified Hewlett Packard Network Node Manager 6.0 Administrator- Preferred
- Solaris, AIX, Linux, or HP/UX operating systems
- TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting
- client/server distributed computing environments
- Internet and intranet services (DNS, NIS, NFS, etc)
- Disk space management tools (e.g. Veritas)
- Backup tools
- Specific experience with Sun blade 100, Enterprise 450, Sunfire 280, KVM devices.
- Experience with the following is not required but will increase candidates potential: RADview, Fujitsu Netsmart, DPS IAM and Netmediator.
- Strong background in SONET, ATM, TL1, and Telcordia specifications (i.e. GR-831, 833, 834, etc).
- Previous experience with OSMINE, T1-OC--192, SNMP, and LAN/WAN internetworking protocols
- SNMP network management interfaces
- Test plan development, management and execution
Candidate must have solid oral and written communication skills and work well with customers in a face-to-face setting. Potential candidates should be solutions oriented with strong client-facing engagement backgrounds. Must be able to represent our company in a responsible professional manner at the customer's site.