Applications Systems Analyst (Web) San Francisco 415
Under limited direction, responsible for the support and development of the Web environment, including Content Management System, Intranet Portal document directory and associated search technologies, Internet web pages and functionality, Intranet Portal group web pages, and client-facing extranet web sites. Develops the framework and supports the underlying technology infrastructure for content owners to efficiently publish information. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all relevant areas of the position.
Web Design and Development
1. Applying in depth knowledge of web applications and techniques, develop and implement intranet site and portal page templates; create standardized work processes, tools, and methodologies within the team to further improve quality and productivity.
2. Initiate and participate in design and setup of client-facing extranet site and portal page templates; anticipate and address user requests and application objectives based on in depth knowledge.
3. Create and proactively implement jobs designed to populate Intranet sites with categorized, searchable content (e.g. “web crawlers”); apply established analytical and technical skills to ensure product is seamless to users.
4. Initiate and coordinate selected administrative tasks for the following systems: Intranet Portal, Intranet Web Sites, Extranet Portal, and Content Management System; ensure follow-up and effective information flow on projects.
5. Using problem-solving and analytical skills, troubleshoot and apply technical support to the following systems: Intranet Portal, Intranet Web Sites, Extranet Portal, and Content Management System; set responsive objectives and manage work accordingly.
6. Train appropriate Firm personnel on the effective use of web technologies/tools; adapt projects, programs and methods based on client input; ensure user requirements within the project scope are met.
7. Provide back-up support/coverage for other web team members; promote collaboration and accountability to meet team objectives.
8. Participate in technical support for the evaluation of new web-based technologies; recommend new approaches to resolve problems; develop preventative measures.
2. Degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Hands-on experience with the following tools and technologies: MS Internet Explorer, MS Windows2000/IIS.
4. Ability to create simple utility programs and/or database scripts (e.g. MS T-SQL).
5. Hands-on experience with following tools and technologies is a plus: Plumtree Portal (or similar Enterprise Portal Technology), Documentum eRooms, Content Management Systems (e.g. MS CMS, Ektron CMS).
6. Strong troubleshooting/problem solving abilities.
7. Dedication to quality customer service and the desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
8. Ability to multi-task and effectively deal with a mixture of project and support-oriented tasks.
9. Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel via the most appropriate medium (e.g. face-to-face, telephone, voice mail, and/or e-mail).
10. Ability to work with a limited degree of supervision.