Sr. J2EE Server Lead Engineer (Charleston SC)
* Design & develop a J2EE-based enterprise server product that interfaces with Java/Swing rich clients & data repositories
* Work closely with the CTO, Chief Architect, & development team in the selection of technologies, prototyping, & making design decisions
* Work with the above team to create both a long-term roadmap & short-term design strategies for the product
* Design efficient state-of-the art interfaces to the Java/Swing rich client & databases
* Develop QA testing plans & interact with the QA team
* 7+ years experience building multi-threaded server side products (5+ years with commercial server products)
* 5+ years experience with J2EE server side technologies (Web Services, EJB/JMS, JAXP, JCE, JMX, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, Activation, JNDI, & JUnit)
* 5 + years experience with object-oriented design (UML/OMT/Booch), design/architecture patterns, etc.
* 3+ years experience with XML/XSLT schemas & related technologies
* Solid understanding of relational databases & object-related mapping technologies such as Hibernate
* Experience with open source libraries & tools such as Log4j, Ant, etc.
* Full life-cycle experience developing a commercial server product
* Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Ability to prioritize & multi-task
* Ability to work under pressure & deliver on time
* Experience dealing with data integration issues around the following data sources is a plus: XML, RDBMS, Cobol Copy Books, flat files, etc.
* Experience with Agent Technologies is a plus
* Experience with distributed transactional systems is a plus
* Familiarity with OWL/RDF, ontology concepts, linguistic models, & semantics-based computation is a plus