Software Engineer, C++ Oakland CA 510
Title: Software Engineer, C++ Oakland CA 510
Skills: C++, windows, UML, OO programming
Location: Oakland, CA Area code: 510
Tax term: FULLTIME
Pay rate: market Length: perm
* Design user interfaces, algorithms, data structures, test cases, and
automated test suites for new functional modules of software as directed
by Software Engineering Manager.
* Submit major elements of new design for review by other team members
prior to implementation.
* Implement new features for existing software and new products as
* Debug elements of the software as required to maintain software
* Keep up-to-date with evolution of the client/server applications,
servers, databases and deployment technologies.
* Prepare design documentation for new modules and new products.
* Write technical documents that explain how new modules and new
products are implemented.
* Prepare technical presentations for training and knowledge transfer as
* Assist support staff in producing user documentation for new modules
and new products as required.
* Implement unit test cases and automated test suites for new and
* Adhere to guidelines so that work product (code and documentation) can
be easily understood by other team members.
* Keep up-to-date on the evolution and features of the software
products. Understand how they are used in the field.
* Participate in the full life-cycle development process from definition
and design to product delivery.
* Assist with installation or support of software at the client's site
or remote offices, as required to correct field problems.
* Manage and mentor other software engineers' tasks as part of a larger
deliverable in a team setting, including technical training and
enrichment of peers.
* Perform code reviews for both local and remote team members.
* Communicate project issues of concern with team, and escalate to the
attention of Software Engineering Manager when necessary.
* Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
* 5+ years of experience designing/developing object-oriented software
in a commercial software development environment.
* Excellent object oriented programming skills and accomplished
performance in C++ on Windows platforms is required.
* Experience describing functional requirements with Use Cases, and
capturing designs in UML or similar modeling language.
* Experience in the design of algorithms for difficult technical
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is the
ability to plan work, and report progress against plan.
* Highly proficient in programming Client/Server applications with
relational database back ends. Specific Oracle experience highly
* Highly experienced with software development processes, and in
particular, software design and unit/integration testing.
* Capable with debugging techniques and test case development.
* Experience working in team-oriented environments, and working with
other project stakeholders.
* Must be self-motivated, proactive, and able to execute tasks
independently and within a team environment.
* Metrowerks CodeWarrior C++ experience desirable.
* Knowledge of test automation and/or test/use case development for
complex business processes desired.
* Working knowledge of CVS, and Borland StarTeam a plus.
* Experience working with remote and/or outsourced team preferred.
* Background with traditional and XP development methodologies desired.