Infrastructure Operations Manager San Francisco, CA
1. Working closely with the Director of Global Technology and management, develop long-term strategic and tactical objectives for the Firm’s data centers, servers, voice & data networks, and telephony infrastructure. Analyze long-term effect of strategies, addressing client, financial, competitive, and best practices objectives.
2. Establish Firm standards for infrastructure hardware such as servers, storage, networks, and carriers as well as standards for data centers, wiring closets, and other operational best practices.
3. Manage all aspects of desktop infrastructure including image design & support, application packaging & deployment, patch management, troubleshooting and maintenance.
4. Develop new operational processes and demonstrates process adherence to auditors.
5. Design, implements and maintains security policies and procedures.
6. Design, implements and maintains disaster recovery technologies and procedures.
7. Design, implements, and maintains robust testing and change management & configuration processes.
8. Lead programs and teams to deploy established standards, ensuring zero or minimal disruption to client service or work environments.
9. Maintain firmwide infrastructure hardware and software inventory to ensure appropriate life cycle management and licensing accuracy.
1. 10+ years experience in multi-location network and data center with 3 or more years as supervisor of an IT data center or network operations center. Prefer data center management of 100 servers or more serving geographically distributed locations.
2. Demonstrated holistic understanding of data center operations (i.e. production operations, server, storage, network, systems management, DR/Business recovery practices etc.)
3. Experience in managing data center operations comprised of enterprise backup/recovery operations, storage area network(SAN) to include storage subsystem and fibre switches, server & rack configuration, KVM system, UPS systems. General knowledge of environmental controls, fire suppression systems and security controls for both physical and IT systems.
4. Experience establishing and implementing industry best practices. ITIL training/experience preferred.
5. Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business. Masters Degree in Business and/or technology preferred.
6. Experience working with vendors and negotiating contracts.
7. Knowledge of one or more of the following products required: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Systems Management Server, Microsoft Softgrid, Argent Guardian, Avaya Modular Messaging, Avaya IP Telephony, Citrix Metaframe, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Solarwinds, HP Openview, VMWare server virtualization products, or Microsoft SharePoint